[Sca-cooks] Steak

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed Sep 4 08:24:52 PDT 2002

>OOOPPPSSS. I guess I am just plain weird. I prefer my steak pan fried in
>butter over broiling/grilling, etc.

Y'all have to learn to thrive in variety ;-)  I think it really depends on
the cut and on the feel of the day.  I'll take both cooking as well.  I
think the original poster (Gunthar?) just was talking about the thing he
did *that* day, with *that* piece of meat.

>But, rare enough that, as my daddy used to say, a good vet could have back
>on his feet in ten minutes. (Say, 1 minute on each side?)

That would be called "blue".  Cooked on the outside, and warm in the
middle.  Probably one of the hardest level to reach properly.

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry