[Sca-cooks] Steak

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Sep 4 10:18:31 PDT 2002

> >OOOPPPSSS. I guess I am just plain weird. I prefer my steak pan fried in
> >butter over broiling/grilling, etc.

Well, done properly, pan frying is a perfectly valid way to cook a steak, as
well as good lamb chops. I like it because if you saute chopped fresh garlic
in the pan before you put the steak in, the garlic adheres to the steak. Add
a bit of fresh ground pepper, and you have heaven on a plate, and the
drippings make an excellent dip for a good bread.

Anybody realize that pan-frying things (steak, chops, chicken, fish) is the
basis for the Cajun blackening made so popular by Paul Prudhomme? I think
blackening is an excellent variant.

Phlip