[Sca-cooks] Good News from Everywhere

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 4 08:56:19 PDT 2002

Before i forget in my panic to cook the Mists Bardic Feast,
congratulations to Isabella, too!

Olwen the Odd wrote:
>Please tell us about the Western Lily.

It's fairly new - the first one was given in August 2000.

Here's its description from the Kingdom of the West Awards web page:
"The Order of the Western Lily may be offered to those the Crown
finds deserving of great honor for both their
individual excellent achievements and for their consistent
contributions in teaching others of their skills and
knowledge of the arts, sciences and other activities that strengthen
and enhance the Kingdom."

Duke Fabian, who organized the Casbah feast at Purgatorio and made
the meatballs for me, *insisted* i "take a break" and go to Court
Saturday afternoon. I figured something was up, but i just thought i
was going to be thanked for cooking the feast. So i was not
completely surprised when i was called up, but i was rather
gobsmacked when they gave me the award.

Anahita