[Sca-cooks] mushrooms

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 10:28:39 PDT 2002

Good Lord. Which Saint are you named after? hehe It would take the patience of one to peel them. My hat is off to you.
I wash mine, but with the stem down, so the little 'flappers' don't get soaked, and before I cut the end of the stem off. Drain on a paper towel. Never had problems. And the morels you have to soak in several changes of water to get all the 'crud, bugs, thingys' out of their little 'apartments'.
Isabella, getting REAL hungry for 'shrooms of any sort
 Heleen Greenwald wrote:This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Clear DayI take a tiny paring knife and "peel" the mushrooms. This gets all the crud off without having to subject the 'shrooms to water. Is this a no-no?
Phillipa

I always understood that you don't wash mushrooms because they absorb

--
[ Clear Day Bkgrd.JPG of type image/jpeg deleted ]