[Sca-cooks] John Barleycorn Menu

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Sep 4 13:48:00 PDT 2002

Also sprach jenne at fiedlerfamily.net:
>Ok, I'm a nasty, evil horrible bitch, because I don't see for even one
>moment what the problem is with saying 'I suspect most of it is not
>documentatble, though more-or-less period-oid' if you don't think the cook
>does his/her cooking by redacting period written recipes.
>
>... other than the irritating term 'period-oid' -- can't the period recipe
>machos come up with a less 80's term for 'not redacted from a period
>recipe'? Please? I use 'medieval-style' sometimes but I don't think it
>really means what one is trying to convey.
>
>-- Jadwiga Sittin here on the Group W bench far away from all the Nice
>Ladies.

Let the lady on the Maunche list and this is what happens ;-).
Periodesque? Speculative rendering? The trouble with peri-oid (my
preferred term, if I have to go with something like that) is that it
covers so much more than so many other, more specific, but not
necessarily more meaningful, expressions.

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER