[Sca-cooks] Starbucks (was steak)

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 17:42:29 PDT 2002

--- BaronessaIlaria at aol.com wrote:
> on 9/4/02 11:24 AM, Susan Fox-Davis at
> selene at earthlink.net wrote:
>
> > Don't much like Starbuck's coffee for the
> same reason.
>
> I don't drink coffee, even though I love the
> smell of fresh ground coffee,
> but I find the number of Starbucks around here
> alarming. They installed one
> in the front of our Albertson's grocery store
> and then a few months later,
> built a freestanding one with a drive thru on a
> tiny corner of land about 2
> miles down the road. The one in the grocery
> seems to be closed more often
> than it's open, but the one with the drive-thru
> does big business.
>
> Ilaria

The Albertson's version was put in as an easy and
relatively cheap way of finding out if there was
a market for their product in your area. Hense
the subsequent opening of a freestanding store.

Eventually they will saturate the market too much
and their empire will come crashing down on them.
It has happened many times before with companies
who had better products.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.