[Sca-cooks] Once again, from today's NY Times

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Sep 4 19:07:56 PDT 2002

Also sprach johnna holloway:
>That side panel list is pretty good...
>just exactly what everyone ought to show up with
>in an SCA Kitchen, don't you think???
>Johnna Holloway     Johnnae llyn Lewis

Right up to the black pants. Black pants are for hotel weenies (pace,
Christianna, etc.). White pants are for cafeteria and hospital
workers. I'm a check-pants man myself, for that real restaurant look
(although I've always thought the ones with the chili peppers looked
good on others ;-) )

On an off-note, has anybody else noticed that you can now buy
commercial bakers and chef's caps which are viably period in design
(low, cylindrical, flat top with a little button, something like some
welder's caps, only peakless).

Adamantius (who's holding the rock closed? somebody with black pants, huh?)

>"Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius" wrote:
>>  September 4, 2002>
>>  How to Boil Four-Star Water: A Master Class
>>  By GUY TREBAY snipped--
>
>>  And the following in a little side panel:
>>  What You'll Need
>>
>>  The French Laundry asks interns from L'École des Chefs to bring
>>the following.
>>  2 pairs black chef pants
>>  1 pair black shoes, with nonskid soles
>>  1 French knife
>>  1 paring knife
>>  1 slicer
>>  1 serrated knife
>>  1 palette knife
>>  1 peeler
>>  1 timer
>>  2 pairs of scissors (heavy duty and all purpose)
>>  1 pair of fish tweezers
>>  Assorted saucing spoons

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER