[Sca-cooks] Questions on growing rue

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Wed Sep 4 20:59:40 PDT 2002

In a message dated 9/4/02 11:34:48 PM, stefan at texas.net writes:

<< While there is information in the Florilegium
on using rue,  >>

I grow Rue. I have several plants that are about 4 feet high right now. I
have mine planted in a rotting tree stump, surrounded by other plants
(lavendar, horseradish, mint, coriander, yarrow, a couple of minature
rosebushes, and hyssop). The plants are all crowded together,which saves on
water (drought here). When I planted them, I covered then with maple leaves
that I had raked up from the fall. I give it no special treatment. It appears
to need a somewhat silty soil, average waterings, and pure neglect.......Try
planting the seed directly into the ground. It may not be a good "potted"
plant.
Andrea

1 hour north of NYC