RE. [Sca-cooks] Good News from Drakey

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Sep 5 03:29:54 PDT 2002

Also sprach Stefan li Rous:
>Drakey commented:
>>>You wouldn't have a scanned copy of his signature, would you?
>>
>>Who needs one?  Make it up.  I don't think the Laurel King of Arms has
>>any ability to check someones signature...
>>
>>I can't believe I'm encouraging this...
>
>Ah. But they have spies everywhere.
>
>While the Laurel King of Arms lives in Stargate (Houston), the
>
>files are kept and the paperwork is done, in Austin.

Yep. Don't forget that while the Knights are the flashy fighting
types, all the Society's peers are fully qualified Jedi, and <ahem>
diplomatic missions of great secrecy are part of our stock in trade.

I got my secret first diplomatic mission to another kingdom while the
ink on my promissory Laurel Scroll was yet damp (great intrigue about
a Gold Thread Embroiderer from Meridies, details to be published only
after the deaths of everyone involved, with names suitably changed),
and I am even now in consultation with the head Llama in Lhassa,
being inducted into the Order of Saint Stanislaus, solving the
Schleswig-Holstein Question while brushing up on my Baritsu (the
Japanese system of wrestling), travelling in disguise as a blind
Norwegian violinist named Siegerson, and working with the Laurellate
of a Certain Kingdom to the Northwest of my own.

Obviously, changing Drakey's name to Master Ebenezer Pampelmusse will
be mere child's play to one of my powers...

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER