[Sca-cooks] Lookin for Farced type Chicken

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 12:41:36 PDT 2002

>I am looking for a recepit that may or may not exist. I thought that the
>knowledgeable gentles on this list might know if it is a wild goose chase.
>
>I was wondering if there are any farced chicken recepits that involve
>deboning the chicken before you stuff them so that you can slice the
>chicken
>and have a pretty looking slice of chicken with the stuffing in the middle.
>
>If not, are there any period recepits that might be modified as an
>"artistic
>choice"? This is for something that taste and presentation are more
>important than period-ness.(Gack! Did I actually just say that? Double
>Gack!)
>
>Glad Tidings,
>Serena da Riva

Can't recall where it's from right now but there is a recipe for flattened
chicken.  I know it's a period recipe because we serve it at events
(including an upcoming one) and I know it debones a whole chicken because I
end up deboning the damn things.  Cripes I wish some other folks around here
would learn to do that...  Anyway, I expect that if you combined that recipe
with a forcemeat stuffing thing you would end up with what you want.
Olwen