[Sca-cooks] [SharcPit] Jello Fun Barbie

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Sep 6 06:16:27 PDT 2002

Just to answer Stefan's questions... I don't
know that we could have gotten 65 gallons to set
up in one batch at room temperature. Also once
it was in the the tank, we couldn't move the tank.
We did this in the middle of the cafeteria/assembly
room and the room is used for other purposes.
We formed a bucket brigade to get it emptied out.
Yes, Jell-O merges together nicely. We also
had a couple of dads that would give it a stir
once in awhile to blend the batches as they were
poured in and added to the tank. My husband
thought that it was probably one of the weirdest
experiences of his life to be dealing with such
mass quanities of the stuff.

The rootbeer float was an experience. It was much worse
than the Jell-O because they placed her in a kid's
wading pool and then poured the rootbeer over her. Then
we added 3 gallons of ice cream to it. It was cold,
and it took about 20 minutes. She didn't wear the wet
suit and she probably should have. She was freezing by the time she
climbed out.

The next year was very easy. We slimed her with a mixture of cornstarch
and water. That stuff dries and just peels right
off. It's a gooey dramatic mess but it cleans up really easy.

Johnna Holloway   Johnnae llyn Lewis