Pig meat was Re: [Sca-cooks] Starbucks

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 6 08:07:10 PDT 2002

> Master A:
> >>  But... <splutter!!!> how do you make your
> >>  red-eye gravy???
> >>
> >>  Adamantius (Phlip, tell the newcomers what UUY
> >>  means, please...)
> Mistress H:
> >I don't.  I have never made the stuff and never
> >intend to.  :-P
> Master A:
> But... <splutter!!!> how can you eat fried Smithfield Ham without
> red-eye gravy???

She probably won't do that either, or else she will get one of her
apprentices to do it for her.  Or possibly milord husband, the
Birmingham boy, who lurks on this list and Knows Whereof He Speaks in
the area of Deep South Cookery.

The one store in my area that carries Smithfield Ham regularly is the
the 99 Ranch Market, a Chinese-run supermarket that carries products
from all over Asia.  Apparently, Smithfield Ham is the next closest
thing to Yunnan Ham, and obviates all that pesky meat importation
paperwork.  I've also become a big fan of Chinese sausages and have been
known to sneak them into sausage rolls for tourney lunches.

Selene Colfox