[Sca-cooks] Unusual meats... Was Re: Grapefruit & Cats...

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Fri Sep 6 13:06:49 PDT 2002

We're having a similar discussion on the Trimaris list ::chuckles::

Done a few strange meats, thanks to traveling as a kid, and to my family
members down on the farm in Texas.

Bear, Squirrel, Possum, snake, beetle, ants, gator, grouse, sea urchin, sea
cucumber, horse (the butcher in Nieukoop, Holland had it ground, my mother
thought it was beef.....it wasn't until our back door neighbor saw it that
she told us it was horse....we'd already eaten half of it.)  There's also
the mystery pots my cousin would make....some bubling sauce and some meat
that I thought better than to ask what exactly it was.

Boroghul