[Sca-cooks] Meadshtufff

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Sun Sep 8 15:53:36 PDT 2002

> And so with my eyebrows a little singed, and after going to retrieve a
new
> plastic bucket, and the house still reeking of burnt plastic, I
carried
> on.
>
> If that is how Drakey really does things (which he's actually denied),
no
> wonders he's always hurtin' himself...

Ok, and you expect future help because????  :)

Bad, Bad, Muiredach...  I told you, that was another brewer, not me...
I have plenty of brewing accident stories without you making one up...
And yes, I bit... Stoopid me...

> On a more serious note, things are going nicely and I hope to be able
> not poison myself too entirely much later on whenever it's ready.

Wait till you've taste the final product...  Yeast has a tendency to
turn perfectly good apple juice into really nasty cider...

Did you use drink apple juice or cider apple juice.  If the former, did
you balance up the pH by adding more acid?

Cheers,

Drake.

Ps    Reading further posts... Don't use bleach as bleach coming into
contact with biological stuff forms chloramines which you don't want in
your brew.

Pps   I recommend iodophor or if you can get it a sterilizer based on
Hydrogen Peroxide and Colloidal silver.

Ppps  All in the name of my art and a better brew, I've:

	Accidentally drunk bleach (great for removing plaque),
	Eaten Hemlock (puts lead in your pencil),
	Dropped a new 50L glass fermenter,
	Passed out in the bathroom sterilizing bottles,
	Developed an acute yeast allergy,
	Almost blown up a former Queen of the West,
	Blown up a 60L plastic fermenter,
	Set the garden on fire (clearing out a batch of dried Borage)
	And there's more, I just can't remember them all...

Pppps This is the cooks list right?  Why are we talking about brewing?