[Sca-cooks] Mrs Levy again

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Sep 9 04:43:45 PDT 2002

Also sprach Avraham haRofeh:
>Using matzoh meal in the gefilte fish makes it Pesadik; fish is pareve
>regardless (unless you use a dairy-based breadcrumb).

My error; I used the word, "parve" when I should have said "pesadik";
I noticed this last night but figured I'd deal with it this AM. My
point was, if you can't eat it at a Seder where there is meat (and
isn't there, normally, meat at a Seder?), why is it usually made with
matzoh? Or, why go to the extent of making it acceptable for Passover
if it is, effectively, unacceptable for Passover? Obviously, one
reason could be that something unsuitable for a Seder doesn't
necessarily make it inappropriate for the entire week of Passover;
but this wasn't my experience. I guess the changing of the plates is
what makes it acceptable.

Adamantius
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER