[Sca-cooks] RE: East's Burdened Tyger award

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Sep 9 07:42:35 PDT 2002

> Non-contributing nice nuns?
> Nuns in non-medieval habits?
>
> Johnna
>
> "Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius" wrote:snipped---
>  Well, that's why it's there.
> >
> > Adamantius, whose own OBT is for valorous and continued function in a
> > kitchen infested by nuns... very nice nuns, mind you, but no amount
> > of cleaning or spraying could dislodge them

Actually, they were super nice ladies- I spent a fair amount of time in the
kitchen, intercepting them on their way to Adamantius (I was acting as his
assistant because his usual assistant wasn't there, and I wanted to learn
SCA Kitchen Management from him). Trouble was, he needed someone used to
grilling to keep an eye on the pork roasts on the grill outside, so I wasn't
there to help him as much as was necessary.

This, btw, was the event where he got his Burdened Tyger- in all the events
I've been to, I have never seen so many things go wrong, none of which could
have been prevented. Adamantius earned my respect that day, with his
constant attitude of, "Oh, OK, this won't work, let's try that." and kept on
keeping on. Wonderful man to work with- if you ever get a chance, do it ;-)

Phlip, who drove from Ohio to New York for that event, just to work with
him.