[Sca-cooks] Poppa's Good Weekend

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 9 09:30:56 PDT 2002

>Our own Count Gunthar did very well, in my opinion. He made it to the
>semi-final round in the Crown List on Saturday,

I had a good day. I had no intention of winning this Crown as
my life is really too screwed up to add that burden on as well.
So, I pretty much just had a good time. I won some fights that
I was sure I was going to lose and just enjoyed myself. When
it got down to the semi-Finals I saw that two people I really
would like to see as Crown were going into the Finals so I
didn't fight as hard as I usually would. All I really wanted to
do was not suck and let people here know who I was. I think
I did that. It was a beautiful list with few problems and our
new Crown Prince is a friend of mine and I was really rooting
for him. This was the first Crown I've never had pre-fight
jitters. I was just there to enjoy myself and I did. I think
I surprised a few folks as well.

For those in Ansteorra, it's a good thing I didn't win. It
has barely rained here the year I've been in Arid-zona. So
of course it has rained hard all weekend. If I had won, the
Ansteorrans would have considered that just fulfillment of
the prophecy.

>and to the fourth round of the Queen's Rapier.  Rumor has it
>that that is as high as any member of the Chivalry has ever made
>it.

I enjoy rapier and it still seems to be the "bastard stepchild"
here in Atenveldt. So I hoped to make some impression by being
out there for the Queen's Champion list. I did much better than I
expected and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

>Congratulations to Poppa for many well and gallantly fought bouts.

Awwww...thanks. But, like I said, I was just there to play this
weekend. Maybe someday I'll get serious again.

>Mordonna

Gunthar