[Sca-cooks] Mrs Levy again

Kolfrosta kolfrosta at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 9 09:26:02 PDT 2002

Actually women and men who are "unclean" go to a special bathing house
called a Mikvah.  There they are cleansed by the rabbi.  A woman will go
there every month after her cycle has ended and men go several times a
year.  I can't remember exactly when.  It's like a baptism and is probably
where the idea originated in Christianity.  If I've made any errors please
correct me. :)

*toddles over to open some Jewish books and will come back with more info
about it.*

Kolfrosta