[Sca-cooks] Injuries...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 9 14:11:07 PDT 2002

>Do you know how long it takes to get the stench of 50lb of onions off your
>hands?  With scrub-brushes, stainless steel and lots of pumice soap, it
>still took weeks.

>-Gytha "My Own Worst Enemy" Karlsdotter

Hmm...My first stint in as SCA kitchen was doing the 50 pound sack of onions
from hell.  I was watching through the window as one after another person
tried to peel and chop those onions only to be driven off with tears
streaming down their faces.  Having worked in a tavern restaurant I had a
handle on the subject and walked in, asked if I could do the onions and did
they have any lemons, which fortunately they did.  BTW, rubbing rosemary on
your hands after chopping tons of smelly stuff or eating crabs gets that
odor right out.
Olwen