[Sca-cooks] the merits of safety trim

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Sep 9 16:58:05 PDT 2002

At 06:23 PM 9/9/02 -0500, you wrote:

>> thank you!
>> yes, the reflective trim is a . special interest of mine.  i was almost
>run
>> over by a golf cart at Pennsic 30.. and i have had too many close calls
>when
>> setting up *right next to the road* at events....

>I won't advise heralds to wear it.  Mades it too easy to shoot us.  Aurore

Heh heh heh...

How bout bagpipers? I think they should be marked expressly for that
purpose! One morning, prolly eight years ago, my then-boyfriend and I were
still sleeping peacefully at about 7am- we'd been out late at a bardic.
Unbeknownst to us, a piper walked up, between our pavilion and the next-
stood about 6 feet from our heads... and fired up. We both sat bolt
upright, yelling- Paul reached for his pants and his sword in one motion
(he's a knight- what do they go for first? ;-) and I stuck my head out
under the pavilion wall to see what that UNGODLY noise was. It was a local
piper, doing the Princess' wakeup call. I had to restrain Paul, or there
would have been business for the chiurgeons! We sat on the bed and argued
the merits of getting a crossbow to shoot him with. And when I say argued,
it was at TOP VOLUME! Still had a hard time being heard enough to
communicate. We eventually concluded it would not be enough to kill that
obviously diseased and distressed cat the man was squeezing- he'd only go
find another one. We'd have to make sure the quarrel was long enough to
pierce both. But I insisted he had to step outside- I was not willing to
sacrifice a pavilion wall, even to such a good cause...

That was one day I did not need tea to wake up! To calm down, yes...

'Lainie