[Sca-cooks] the merits of safety trim

Aurore Aurore at hot.rr.com
Mon Sep 9 17:21:12 PDT 2002

> >I won't advise heralds to wear it.  Mades it too easy to shoot us.
Aurore

> Heh heh heh...
>
> How bout bagpipers? I think they should be marked expressly for that
> purpose! One morning, prolly eight years ago, my then-boyfriend and I were
> still sleeping peacefully at about 7am- we'd been out late at a bardic.
> Unbeknownst to us, a piper walked up, between our pavilion and the next-
> stood about 6 feet from our heads... and fired up. We both sat bolt
> upright, yelling- Paul reached for his pants and his sword in one motion
> (he's a knight- what do they go for first? ;-) and I stuck my head out
> under the pavilion wall to see what that UNGODLY noise was. It was a local
> piper, doing the Princess' wakeup call. I had to restrain Paul, or there
> would have been business for the chiurgeons! We sat on the bed and argued
> the merits of getting a crossbow to shoot him with. And when I say argued,
> it was at TOP VOLUME! Still had a hard time being heard enough to
> communicate. We eventually concluded it would not be enough to kill that
> obviously diseased and distressed cat the man was squeezing- he'd only go
> find another one. We'd have to make sure the quarrel was long enough to
> pierce both. But I insisted he had to step outside- I was not willing to
> sacrifice a pavilion wall, even to such a good cause...
>
> That was one day I did not need tea to wake up! To calm down, yes...
>
> 'Lainie

As a herald, I learned to do it away from tents.  Something about being
almost killed will teach you little things like that.  But everyone should
remember when the schedule is pulished and it says wake-up call at 7am, that
means herald or bagpiper will be mading lots of noises at 7am.  Aurore