[Sca-cooks] Barleycorn- A WONDERFUL event ;-)

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Sep 10 06:01:32 PDT 2002

Stefan asked:

> Avraham mentioned:
> > - going down to the second camp to babysit the roasting chickens for a
> > bit
> >     - finding that one of the ovens at the SECOND camp wasn't working,
and
> >        sending half the chickens BACK up the hill
> >     - getting back to main hall to discover that the newly-returned
chickens
> > were
> >        still sitting in a cold oven, and 30 minutes to feast
>
> So, how did you solve this situation? Just go with less chickens? Use the
> microwave? Cut them up and fry them instead? :-)

He dialed Chicken IX-I-I.*

I came in from the List field (I was CiC), asked him if everything was OK.
He sent me down to the other camp to check on the other chickens, while they
fired up the other oven, and cooked the ones in the main kitchen. He had
told me that the others would be done in 10 or 15 minutes, but when I
checked them, they were done, so I got help shutting the oven down, getting
them out, and got someone to bring them back to the feast hall. Feast was a
little late, but we had beautifully cooked chickens, when they were served.

Phlip, aka Chicken IX-I-I

* In short, for those of you who don't understand the joke, I went on a
call, assessed the patients, helped extricate them, and arranged transport,
and turned them over to higher authority, just as any good Chirurgeon does
;-)