[Sca-cooks] Barleycorn- A WONDERFUL event ;-)

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Tue Sep 10 04:37:39 PDT 2002

In a message dated 9/10/2002 3:55:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
goldberg at bestweb.net writes:

> And I'm not at all sure that raspberries or blueberries belong in
> > mead. But if I take up brewing again, maybe I'll decide differently.

OH!  my first batch of mead was "mixed" berries...because it was late in the
season and I pilfered the freezer!  It was too dry for my taste when I
bottled it....so I got some champagne bottles and corks...added a bit of corn
sugar (I know...not period..but it was my first time), and when the first
bottle was opened (Pennsic 30)...it was lovely!  Still a tad dry..with
bubbles!  By then it was about 1 1/2 years old.  It's almost 3 now..I should
dredge some up from the basement and see how it is now......

Etain