[Sca-cooks] Accident Stories

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 10 08:18:37 PDT 2002

> > I had a great "Harry Potter Scar" for
> > the Quiddich Tourney 6 weeks later.  I've grown out my fringe[bangs]
> > cover the scar but it's beginning to really fade.  Good.
>
>Yeah, I've got one of those too (Yes, I can here the choruses of 'why
>doesn't that surprise us drakey') from diving into shallow end of a
>swimming pool head first when I was 16 in Thailand.  No pain but I
>remember thinking 'Crikey! That pool floor was hard' and a warm
>face/head as I surfaced.  Head wounds do bleed a lot and I freaked the
>others out in the pool from the amount of blood involved...
>
>Although I didn't realise it at the time, I now often think how lucky I
>was...
>
>Drake.

Yup.  That would be luck Drake.
I also have the traditional head wound.  My twin "snakes" in the center of
my forehead.  I used to work in construction and one rainy day I lept across
a wee muddy ravine and clocked myself on the end of the aluminum downspout
sticking out of the back of the pickup.  Course I hit with such force my
head bounced and hit a second time (twins).  Well, I fell in the muddy
ravine and by the time I got out of it I was a muddy bloody mess.  When he
finally stopped laughing the boss called it a day and we all went to the
local bar and got dry and applied ice to my head.  So much for hard hats.
Olwen who has ~finally learned~ to look before I leap, but it took major
surgery...