[Sca-cooks] wake up calls was the merits of safety trim

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Sep 10 09:18:59 PDT 2002

Jadwiga skrev:

> >There's an [expletive] in Calontir who does this (with a trumpet) in
their
> >camp at Pennsic.  Even when it involves waking up everyone in the
> >neighboring camps.  Calontiri staunchly defend it as a wonderful thing,
> >and not discourteous at all.
> >
> >-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa

Well, I'm willing to bet that if you somehow acquired the instrument, and
brought it over to Johan's Forge, we'd be willing to "repair" it..... ;-)

I'm usually an early-ish riser too, but unless there's something in camp
which NEEDS to be done, I try not to wake up my campmates. Of course, since
this War, I managed to pour boiling water over my hand every morning as part
of my "need coffee" ritual, they were usually treated to at least one loud
"Oh DAMN (or something)" every morning. Didn't seem to disturb them, though
;-)

Phlip, glad she's a blacksmith, and didn't actually get burned.....