[Sca-cooks] Re: Onion smell

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Sep 10 12:54:56 PDT 2002

At 11:59 AM 9/10/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Pampered chef sells one of these gadgets, and my daughter and I use it a lot
>for onions, nuts and mincing herbs.

Those gadgets are really the pits, if you ask me.  You don't get a fine,
even cut.  You get a rough uneven mash.  The blades are never fine and
sharp enough to produce a good cut, and it's just a big pain in the butt.

I say, learn to cut onions with a good sharp blades, with your eyes closed
if you must...  Which is sometimes what I end up doing if I have lots of
strong onions...  Yes, I have done 50pounds of onion "emince" with my eyes
closed.  Without cuts (Drakey, don't try this at home without supervision...)

Perhaps we should have a class on how to use a knife to properly cut an
onion, chop garlic, and mince fine herbs...  Hmmmmm.  Food for thoughts

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry