[Sca-cooks] Forks in period??? (Somewhat OT)

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Sep 10 16:07:47 PDT 2002

British Cutlery, edited by Peter Brown, has Italian forks with three
tines pictured as being 1580. Also says they were known in France in
1560. Carving forks are earlier.

I can look for more info later if you still need more.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis
(long day and physical therapy make one less likely to do research this
evening.)