[Sca-cooks] foods/meats/etc

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Sep 10 19:09:00 PDT 2002

In a message dated 9/10/2002 11:31:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kirsten at fabricdragon.com writes:

> how do most of you go shopping for feasts?

Combination of warehouse stores, farmer's markets, and local small chain
grocery stores, mostly.

> where do you go to get your meats and vegetables (in general, i mean)

Wherever I get the best price/service.  That includes the local farmer's
market for chicken and most vegetables, a small local grocery chain for veal,
and a Giant store for other items that happened to be on sale at the time.

> how do you get hold of.. duck, for example...

Just recently located a specialty poulterer within reasonable driving
distance, for quail for a feast I did over the summer.  Look under poultry in
the phone book and ask about prices, etc.

> how far in advance do you shop for feasts?

Usually just a day or two ahead, at most about a week or so, because I base
the amount I'm buying on the number of reservations.  I don't want to get
stuck with overbuying or underbuying because I bought on sale 2 months before
the event.

Brangwayna Morgan