[Sca-cooks] Garlic allergies

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Sep 10 21:52:57 PDT 2002

Kirsten commented:
> i noted a thread about garlic allergies in the archives....
> i am allergic to garlic... to the point that the last time i handled any
> with my bare hands my hands swelled, turned red, and cracked and bled....
> people asked me if i was using "oven cleaner" in the kitchen....
>
> so yeah. some folks do have some nasty garlic allergies (and it makes eating
> out very tough)
>
> speaking of which..... did anyone forward my garlic and onion recipe to this
> list??

I'm surprised you'd be interested in garlic but since you are apparently
cooking with it, I thought you might be interested in this file in
my Florilegium:

garlic-msg        (51K)  2/12/02    Medieval use of garlic. Garlic storage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/garlic-msg.html

Welcome to SCA-Cooks!
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net