Legal Limits (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Mead & Wix)

Nick Sasso NJSasso at msplaw.com
Wed Sep 11 14:37:40 PDT 2002

I personally believe it is very important in this thread to be very
specific.  While giving gifts is nodded and winked at in one locale, the
enforcement will very likely be different elsewhere.  ( A likely, though
by no means guaranteed reaction will be that you are too small a fish to
fry . . .. but be wary and legal).

SCA documents regulate the gifting of alcohol by any officer in
capacity as an official or representative of the Corporation/SCA.  These
are truly dancety topics, and I encourage anyone doing alcohol to be
sure of what they do and be sure to consult someone trustworthy for
second opinion.  I am pretty aware of enforcement habits in my local
town and the metro-Atlanta area.  I have likewise read and studied the
state and county codes relevant to my home.  I even have an attorney
friend who has advised me on interpretation.

We don't have to be paranoid, but we do need to be informed and aware.
When we distribute information, we should probably try to be as precise
and documented (thanks Brandu!) as possible to allow others to make
their own informed choices and decisions.  Be cautious and aware in
distributing untaxed alcohol in SCA venues lest one "soil the swimming
hole" for everyone in our respective areas :o)

Anyone know the legal limits in numbers of Muskrat taken in season in
Massachusetts?  Just Curious.

niccolo difrancesco
(trying hard to be informative and suggestive but not heavy-handed)