[Sca-cooks] Re: Legal Limits

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Wed Sep 11 14:48:01 PDT 2002

>Anyone know the legal limits in numbers of Muskrat taken in season in
>Massachusetts?  Just Curious.

No, but I can tell you that the legal limit on lynx in Northern Ontario
varies from year to year, somewhat in a 7 year cycle.  That is, whatever
critter they feed on tends to have their population reduce as there are
more lynx, and then when there are too many lynx to sustain itself on the
food available, the lynx population dies down, and the critter population
starts growing again.

This is, as explained to me by a willy old trapper :-)

>(trying hard to be informative and suggestive but not heavy-handed)

niccolo, your posts are always nicely informative.  Thank you

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle
Meridies