[Sca-cooks] Recipe Software

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Sep 11 14:42:43 PDT 2002

I don't touch type, so I don't enter recipes into the computer unless I
am publishing them. Then it's a slow process, because the handwritten
recipes are full of notes and comments with usually lots of original
sources and ideas. Notes like what to use next time and to do different
next time. Cooler ideas for serving. etc.
I tend to use xeroxes of the original recipes taken from the printed
books or printed off from EEBO or the microfilms.

Everything these days tends to get filed into folders by subjects and
/or events.

Mundane recipes from foodtv or newspaper clippings get filed in my
bookcases too. I guess great culinary minds think alike!

Johnna Holloway   Johnnae llyn Lewis