[Sca-cooks] OT: Ellipsis...

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Sep 12 17:54:55 PDT 2002

I use them on the list because I am not generally being formal or
running the answers or comments through word or a spell checker. I try
not to dwell on being perfect on the list. If I did, I would simply quit
answering and providing references.
I don't see this as formal communication but rather what one might
encounter over a reference desk as the questions come and go and the
conversations vary through the day. While I may use dots, I try not to
use o's, >'s, etc. to indicate facial expressions.

Johnna Holloway   Johnnae llyn Lewis

snipped a thought trailing off - like when