[Sca-cooks] Ellipsis...

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Sep 12 20:37:46 PDT 2002

>Wow. All I can say is, wow. I used to be an English teacher, and even I am
>not perturbed by the use of more than three dots in typing. Wow.

Sometimes, some things, have very little to do with the actual "rules".

>Might I ask, why? The phrase "easier on me visually" is something I am not
>grokking.

Well, I don't know the original poster's motive.  But I could see it.  I've
never heard of it, but it's not because I've never heard of it that it
doesn't exist.  I would be interested in hearing the answer, but I'd like
to offer something analogous.

I see the flicker in brand new fluorescent.  I'm not the only one, tons of
folks do too.  But the thing is that it causes occular migraines, where I
loose sight (more like you'd have spread vaseline over my eyes).  This is
something most people "don't grok" when I first tell them.  I've had an
ophtalmologist tell me I was inventing things.

So when someone says something would be easier on them, and if it is
something simple to do, I tend to just go ahead and not question too
much.  Of course the "easier visually" might be something else entirely,
perhaps even some level of anal retentiveness.  But I'd rather take it at
face value.  I sure am tired of having to justify the accomodations I need
for my disabilities.

I have been guilty of using prolongued ellipsis, and I'll do my best to
refrain from now on.

Your mileage may vary.

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds