[Sca-cooks] Ellipsis...

Butterflye butterflye at runbox.com
Thu Sep 12 21:04:45 PDT 2002

> I see the flicker in brand new fluorescent.  I'm not the only one, tons of
> folks do too.

This I can totally understand. My first husband was (and is) a severe
epileptic, and the wrong frequency of fluorescent flicker can cause him to
seize. So too, certain computer monitors (older ones are better than new
ones for him, because the faster refresh rate of new ones can cause a
seizure). Back in the mid-70's there was a trend to put an amber cover over
headlights, and that particular color of yellow light would cause him to
pull the car over and wait out the episode.

I have a boss who is EXTREMELY visual, and everything has to be in the right
pen color for him to "see" it, or deal with it. Makes for some interesting
directions for the new admin. He also can't cope with various
fluorescents -- for him it's the color spectrum they produce, and he
replaced all the lights in our office with the kind he can stand.

I'm still stumped on the elipsis, though... but I'll try to be careful...

~~ Lorète