Period cheese casserole (was Re: [Sca-cooks] oop-perioid-recipe cheese pie)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 13 07:44:53 PDT 2002

>SOPAS A LA LOMBARDA
>making a layer of sops and another layer of buttery cheese of
>Parma, or of Aragon, or of Navarra; and so fill all the casserole;

Which cheeses would you suggest using?  It says a buttery cheese.

>that it should be well supplied with said broth, which should be
>the fattest; and when you put it on the table, do it in such a manner >that
>they go dry.

So, this is saying to keep it nice and moist and then, what?, uncover it and
let it evaporate a bit?, pour off any excess liquid?, any suggestions?

I am thinking this may be a good one to try out and then perhaps make for
the 'light lunch' for Crown at Crusades.

>Brighid ni Chiarain *** mka Robin Carroll-Mann
Olwen