[Sca-cooks] British Candy

Kolfrosta kolfrosta at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 13 12:19:27 PDT 2002

It's funny, because when I moved here to the US I didn't know you couldn't
get Cadbury chocolates.  What I wouldn't do for an Aero bar or a Coffee
Crisp.  I can't wait until I can go home and buy some.  *crosses fingers
that immigration doesn't take much longer*

Kolfrosta

At 03:22 PM 9/13/02, you wrote:
>I saw licorice all-sorts, but didn't try them, not being a huge fan of
>licorice.
>Did try the Turkish Delight, though, which would have been really tasty,
>if it hadn't been covered in chocolate....<<shudders>>...somehow, my
>tongue perceived rose-flavored jelly and chocolate as a really *vile*
>combination!
>I think the thing I mostly noticed, candy-wise, was the overall-limited
>variety, compared to your average US candy sales area.  Much of what I
>saw involved chocolate in some way or t'other (fine for those of us who
>love that particular bean, though <g>)....the specifically
>candy-oriented stores I looked in were almost exclusively chocolate (or
>fudge/caramels).  Twix and Kit-kats were everywhere, as well as various
>Cadbury products.
>--maire

m.k.a Andrea Patterson
Barony Concordia of the Snows, East Kingdom
kolfrosta at earthlink.net

---Feminae bene moratae historiam raro faciunt.