[Sca-cooks] Re: British Food

Amanda Blackwolf amandablackwolf at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 13 13:47:16 PDT 2002

That's why ya shoulda gone to my Nana's.....she makes the most divine stuff,
all light and airy. Closest I've come to it State-side is at Lawry's The
Prime Rib in Dallas (I've only been the THAT one). My dad's on the other
hand makes this stodgy, heavy mess that he calls yorkshire pudding. Did you
go to any of the pubs? It seems more likely to find "home-style" cooking
there. (I haven't been "home" in 22 years, so forgive me if I'm not
recalling things correctly.) When I go back, I sincerely hope that I can
re-visit the Gatwick Manor.....which if memories from childhood are any
indication, it was simply wonderful duck. I have the absolutely best
accomodations when I make it back across the Atlantic....FREE!

Amanda