[Sca-cooks] Re: British candy

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 13 16:50:41 PDT 2002

"While I have seen Turkish Delight that has indeed been a sort of
rose-flavored jelly, the best stuff I've seen has been bought by the
pound, cut from a spiralled rope of date-based jelly mixed with
_lots_ of pistachios (the date goo is essentially a substrate),
lightly flavored with rosewater, and rolled in powdered sugar."

Oh Master Adamantius, you wouldn't happen to have a recipe for this, would you, PLEASE!?!!

Aislinn

"Of the Good in you I can speak, but not of the Evil.  For what is Evil but Good -  tortured by its own hunger and thirst?  When Good is hungry, it seeks food , even in dark caves, and when it thirsts, it drinks even of dead waters." - Kahlil Gibran