[Sca-cooks] oop golden syrup

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Sep 14 20:52:10 PDT 2002

Sandra said:
>> while many of us are in a british state of mind,can i
>> use honey instead of golden syrup?
>> be nice if you don't think so.
>> and is there any place near portland,or.where i could
>> buy some.the cookies need some.
>> =====
>> robert frazier
>
>     I thought Karo syrup was closer to golden syrup than honey is, but I'm
> definitely not certain.  Somebody else on the the list probably has more
> experience with substituting (or finding the real thing on-line).
I suspect it is, but I've never had golden syrup, so I don't know for sure.

However, we have discussed different types of sugar here previously. You

might check these files in the Florilegium:

sugar-msg        (107K)  6/13/01    Sugar and other medieval sweeteners.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/sugar-msg.html

sugar-sources-msg (16K)  6/13/01    Modern sugar sources. Sugar types.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/sugar-sources-msg.html
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net