[Sca-cooks] Churros

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 17 10:16:02 PDT 2002

Bear wrote:
>For those who don't know them, churros are a tubular, filled, fried pastry.
>A skinny, filled Long John with a crispy crust.

None of the churros i've had in Northern California were filled with anything.
Neither were the churros i ate in Spain.
And all the churros i've eaten seemed to be made of yeasty dough.
All mechanically extruded, though.

If i want filling, I'll stick to eclairs - the ones i buy around here
are filled with custard, but someone i know mentioned that many she
runs into are filled with whipped cream. Now, if they've stooped that
low, i'm willing to lay money on the filling not being real whipped
cream...

Anahita
(sheesh, Eudora gave this message TWO RED HOT CHILIS for using
"whipped" more than once. What's a cook to do? Also, i wish there was
a way to see what words are in their "hot word list")