[Sca-cooks] OOP: Weight of candied orange peel?

r.carnegie at verizon.net r.carnegie at verizon.net
Tue Sep 17 12:28:13 PDT 2002

> From: "Heleen Greenwald" <heleen at ptdprolog.net>
> Date: 2002/09/17 Tue PM 12:08:42 EDT
> To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] OOP: Weight of candied orange peel?
>
> I don't off hand, why don't you peel your morning orange, weigh that peel
> and then you will have a fairly close measurement of how much candied peel
> to use.  (So how much do you think the sugar coating would weigh?)
> Phillipa
   I suspect that the "candy" will add greatly to the weight.  I have never used pre-candied peel, so typically I would candy what the receipt called for.  Another choice would be to simply make a visual guess.  I will ask my wife if she knows of a guideline on this.

Ranald

R.Carnegie at verizon.net
"Argue for your limitations, and they are yours."
             R. Bach