[Sca-cooks] Food Myths

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Wed Sep 18 06:34:12 PDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm doing a class next week for a canton meeting on various food related
things (it's an overview of a lot of things rather than going really indepth
on anything, just to keep non-foodies interested... :-) )  and one of the
subjects I wanted to spend 5 minutes on was various commonly-held (by
SCAdians and non) beliefs about medieval food that just aren't true, or are
distortions of fact, etc... (i.e. I'm going to talk about the
spices-to-cover-rotten-meat thing, of course, but when I do so I'm also
going to mention that one recipe that I believe we talked about on this list
(have to find it again) for burying rotten meat to make it good again...)  I
was wondering if you all had any favorite myths to contribute - esp. if they
have interesting bits to them like the burying rotten meat thing.

Thanks!

Generys