[Sca-cooks] OOP: Weight of candied orange peel?

Ron Carnegie r.carnegie at verizon.net
Wed Sep 18 19:10:52 PDT 2002

At 07:04 PM 9/18/02 -0400, you wrote:
>On 18 Sep 2002, at 19:05, Olwen the Odd wrote:
>
>> I shall be doing lots of peels on Friday, although I have a couple
>> orange peelings in the fridge right now that I could do up tonight,
>> they should be reasonably dry by tomorrow so I can weigh out and let
>> you know either tomorrow or most likely Friday.
>
>Thank you!  The chocolate bizcochos were somewhat insipid, but
>I've had better luck with another recipe, which is rather like a citrus-
>flavored madeleine.  (Yes, I'll post the recipe once I get it tweaked.)
>

>Brighid ni Chiarain *** mka Robin Carroll-Mann
>Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
>rcmann4 at earthlink.net

   Don't expect your usual modern effect from chocalate in 18th century
cooking, it is used different.  It has far more in common with chocalate's
use in Spain and Mexico.

I remain,
Ranald
Ron Carnegie
r.carnegie at verizon.net
	"The poetry of history lies in the quasi-miraculous fact that
	 once on this earth, on this familiar spot of ground walked
	 other men and women as actual as we are today, thinking
	 their own thoughts, swayed by their own passions but now
	 all gone, vanishing after another, gone as utterly as we
	 ourselves shall be gone like ghosts at cockcrow."
				G.M. Trevelyan