[Sca-cooks] What is STC NOT good on?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Sep 19 18:55:41 PDT 2002

No, No, No, it's not nasty. It's an acquired taste.
You can't let the public in on the secret that there
are librarians who dislike the tools of their profession.
It's not right. What will people think of us?

Besides STC is much better than what the profession had
at the turn of last century when it was book catalogues
all around the world. What is most frustrating is the fact
that we have all these made up numbers for the variants that
have now been deleted from the ESTC and there are no entries
saying so. That's frustration. And UMI filmed so many variants
that it's not funny reconciling those either.

Johnnae  llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway
(if anyone wants to know what we are talking about, you are most welcome
to attend my session on Elizabethan Printed Cookbooks in Everton,
Ontario.)