[Sca-cooks] Very carefully not panicking...

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Thu Sep 19 19:28:29 PDT 2002

<< in terms of logistics, etc... I'm absolutely terrified that *something* is

going to go horribly wrong and it will be my fault.  Do you all have any

words of reassurance for a very nervous first time cook? :-)

Generys

Drink lots of water, eat something, be flexible, and sit often.  Use your
staff well and reward them with niceties.(Chocolate works well here)

Turn on the ovens early in the morning to make sure they work. Use a
thermometer to check correct temp. Ditto refrigerator temps!

Stir soups and rice frequently to avoid scorching. If they do scorch,
immediately transfer them to a new pot without stirring up the burned part.

Don't serve any "failures".  It really damages your reputation. Better to be
short a dish than to have everyone remember the dish you ruined.

Have a clean up crew....don't be forced to clean up after you have cooked all
day.

And lastly, breathe and count to ten before fixing a problem.

Best wishes!
Andrea