[Sca-cooks] Pork fat

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 19 20:18:07 PDT 2002

On 16 Sep 2002, at 7:07, Sue Clemenger wrote:

> I just used bacon.  ISTR using a 3-lb. package of inexpensive bacon
> "ends" for 30 lbs. of sausage.  Oh, and I made sure the bacon wasn't
> of a flavor to contrast unpleasantly with the herbs/spices of the
> sausage. --maire

What do you mean by bacon flavor?  Stuff like "honey" and
"mesquite"?  This particular sausage contains cheese (I use
Parmagiana), cinnamon, black pepper, and saffron.  Sounds odd,
but it works.  My local allergic-to-cinnamon person was surprised
when I waved him away from the sausages.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net