[Sca-cooks] pot-lucks?

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 13:40:17 PDT 2002

Greetings.

I agree with you on the cost of potlucks. However, I have discovered that home-made rolls are always appreciated, make a good impression and are very inexpensive to make, IF you have the time. My little one (5yrs) helps me. Just give her a chunk of dough and she kneads it and makes her own.

My recipe makes 5 dozen rolls (so you can take a couple and freeze the rest...it freezes pretty well), costs maybe $3? It has gotten pretty high compliments the last several get togethers (I was co-feastocrat in charge of bread service ((and other things)) for our 'Defender Tourney'). If you don't have a favorite, I would be honored to send you a copy of mine.

YIS,

Isabella FN di Giovanni
 jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:I was checking out the kingdom calendar so I could update my personal
calendar, and discovered that there is an event that I plan to go to that
is asking for potluck contributions again.

*sigh* I live alone. I hate pot-lucks. They are too expensive. By the time
I'm done getting the supplies for a pot-luck, I could have gone out and
gotten an expensive dinner. Maybe even with wine. When people-- especially
people with small children-- tell me that doing a potluck dayboard is
cheaper for them than having the dayboard included in the site fee, I
laugh in their faces-- the least I've ever been able to spend for a
potluck dayboard was $10 *sigh*.

Ok, so short of a 12-step group (Hi, I'm Jadwiga, and I'm addicted to
feeding people...) what can you all suggest to come up with a potluck
contribution that won't be embarrassing but won't break my non-existent
budget?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
"The lunatic is in my head... There's someone in my head, but it's not me..."