[Sca-cooks] Home from Phoenix

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 20 15:24:26 PDT 2002

>Phoenix was very hot, although we did manage to bring some
>humidity with us in the form of rain while we were there.

Phoenix is always hot. But it's cooling off. It was only 98
degrees F. yesterday.
And the reason for the rain is in debate. Some feel it was brought
on by the fact that I fought in Crown.

>Dinner on Monday night with Gunthar and Selene was wonderful. Tuscan
>peasant-style wilted greens with tomatos and bread
>crumbs, roasted lamb with root vegetables, crusty bread, and an
>almond hazelnut torte with fresh strawberries and mostly whipped
>cream for dessert.  (Sorry, Gunthar! - he was having troubles with
>the whipped cream...)

The whipped cream was perfect! Just perfect! Don't you forget it.
It was just a little frigid. But after I'd given it a proper whipping
it had firmed up enough to get the job done. How can you say "mostly"
why it was at a stiff peak by dessert.

>The meal and the conversation were just great, we thoroughly
>enjoyed ourselves.

I was unimpressed with the meal, thank you for being kind. But
the conversation was indeed lovely. Thank you for coming to visit.

>We were pleased to have the crock pot find a new home, I'm
>sure it will surround many tasty dishes.

I haven't had the opportunity to use it just yet, but it's sitting
in a place of honor right next to my rotisserie. I'm planning
things like all-day spaghetti sauce or braised ribs....

Thank you for the wonderful gift.

>We also got a chance to see the spectacle that is a fighter
>practice out there.  Roughly 300 people or so, and we were
>informed that it was a light turnout due to it being the
>Wednesday before Crown List.

It was a pretty impressive sight when I first beheld it too.
I came from a fighter practice with about 10 people to THAT.
And it was pretty small that night. There are usually close to
500 people out there on Wednesday night.

>I also discovered Trader Joe's, and wish we had them here. I really liked
>the things they had packaged just for them, and
>as we had sold the plates, flatware, pans, etc., having prepared
>meals that we could just heat up and
>eat were wonderful.

Trader Joes is a lot of fun. Glad you got to experience it.

>	Glad to be back,

I'm glad you are safely back.

>	Christianna

Gunthar