[Sca-cooks] pot-lucks?

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Fri Sep 20 20:00:40 PDT 2002

 Jadwiga heavily sighed:
>I live alone. I hate pot-lucks. They are too expensive. <> the least I've
ever been able to spend for a potluck dayboard was $10 *sigh*.

    My goodness,  how much food are you making?   A big dish of vegtable(s)
or a side dish of grains isn't very expensive.  A roasted chicken's back,
wings & "disgards" can make a couple quarts of stock with just mere coins'
worth of vegs & herbs.   I cook at home for just the Mistress & myself, but
I can make a nice presentation with the ingredients above.  Add that it is
your version of  a Medieval recipe from (mumblemumble) and it's a "Wow!"

    Caointiarn
{big fan of Peg Bracken}